Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Blue Sapphire


 The Blue Sapphire, Carolyn Mellace this Sunday gave EQ maybe our last spin for the next few days anyway on the approach of Hurricane Sandy. The woman is pound for pound one of the fit women I have ever met. I have waxed about Carolyn many times over these last 3 years and since she is just part time I don’t get to take her sessions as often as I would love to.  

Self described her music is eclectic. Well maybe not actually. It is of course not formulaic by any means because she draws on the full spectrum of music of current day, classic rock and even disco which helps I think make the ride so unique. One of the aspects of Carolyn’s road I particularly love is her “jumps” which always gets my HR up to the maximum zone in the shortest interval. And over the years I have been able to make the transitions from standing to the saddle a hell of a lot more gracefully and eliminated any chance of injury. It’s always a challenge and spices the hour.  

Carolyn Mellace as I have said before a true gem of the Sapphire variety.  



No comments:

Post a Comment