Sunday, January 16, 2011

Science Sapphire


The Blue Sapphire Sunday edition now moved back 15 minutes to 10:30 was superlative again today. Carolyn has the medical background that dovetails perfectly into her expertise as a spin instructor. She talked about the central nervous system and you just get the feeling that she knows what she is talking about. Never assuming, and always-in touch with her class as it is happening. She is what she calls “old school” and one of the techniques she uses is  “jumps” in every one of her classes. And what I found now that I have my HR monitor in class is that during these intervals my HR is flush up against my upper limits without having too have much resistance on. Spin always seems to amaze me because it’s not always what I  perceive to be true is true. It was a great lesson for my heart and me today.  

Next to me were two people and they weren’t married or boyfriend-girlfriend. They were mother and son. Lindsey and his mom, Ivy were working out together. Now what brought that home for me was that I never ever worked out with my mom, mainly because the opportunity never came up.  And so I say Lindsey treasure these days that you can look over in the next bike and see your mother. 

The Blue Sapphire loves feedback in her class, as it’s her way of gauging the pace and temperature of her riders.  If she asks: How are you Sunday? She wants to hear how we are. I am always vocal when I feel the urge and today we had a newbie, Cheryl who was particularly vociferous this morning. She was audible and it’s great when the female gender let’s everyone else know how they are feeling. So let’s not be shy because we are here to workout but also to have fun. Thanks Cheryl for not being self-conscious and whooping it up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment